Did you know that the average kitchen renovation tends to run somewhere between $20,000 and $50,000 (depending on how serious an overhaul you’re planning)? This figure is enough to give some people a heart attack, particularly if you have a smaller room that you weren’t expecting would cost so much to overhaul. Read on for our top small kitchen remodelling ideas:
Desks come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and styles, which can make finding the right one for your needs seem a little challenging. This is, however, something that is important if you want to ensure that you’re working as productively as possible. In the list below, we have taken a closer look at some of the main things you should consider when choosing an office desk:
It is important that you properly care for gold chain jewellery, as this will ensure that it remains in good condition for many years to come. These sorts of pieces can last for decades, passed on through the family. We have provided this list of handy care tips that you can use to return the shine to your pieces – ensure that you follow them carefully to avoid damaging the jewellery.
Whilst we would all love a walk in robe design that’s the size of a whole other bedroom, this is often impractical and would take space away from other important rooms in the home. Instead, many of us are often forced to make do with relatively small robes that aren’t big enough to swing a cat in. This is why we have shared 9 of our best tips for maximising space in these designs.
Because the use of polycarbonate sheet is still relatively new in Australia, it is understandable that homeowners, architects and builders would have a number of questions about the product. In this article, we have aimed to cover some of the more frequently asked questions that we encounter from those who have no experience with this dot.Gallina product.
Are you in the process of building or renovating your home and researching different ways to keep your family warm during the winter? Whilst there is a wide range of systems to choose from, we understand that many homeowners are hesitant to opt for underfloor heating because they don’t know much about it. We have aimed to answer some of the most frequently asked questions here.
For many who have invested in a period home, one of their favourite features is the leadlights panels that decorate their leadlight windows and doors. Because the original panels are often quite old, it is not uncommon for them to become damaged or to deteriorate due to age and weathering. If this describes a situation that you have found yourself in, you might be interested in learning more about the leadlight restoration process.
Step 1 – The contractor will begin by coming out to your home to view the leadlight panel in question. They will need to assess the damage in order to determine the best way to rectify it. At this point, they will also be able to provide you with a quote for the works.
Step 2 – One another day, the contractor will return to your home. The leadlight will be carefully removed from its frame and a replacement pane of glass or timber board will be put in its place – after all, you want to ensure that your home remains safe and secure whilst works take place!
Are you planning on replacing your doors and windows as a part of your next home improvement project? We believe that aluminium is the best material for the job, as it is stylish and extremely strong. It has fast become a favourite material for use across the country for these reasons alone. There are also a number of advantages that any homeowner installing aluminium windows and doors will receive, including:
When it comes to the not-for-profit sphere, most of the promotional material and websites are created by people who are volunteering their time to the project, which often means that they are quite low budget. After all, these organisations are run by people who want to help those who are less fortunate, so they don’t really have a lot of money to spend on a professional. If you work in web design and you have offered to help for a small fee or even for free, however, these tips will prove invaluable.
When it comes to the construction of many backyard structures, homeowners have a few options – to have a professional handle the job, to handle the project themselves or to purchase a pergola kit. Whilst the latter is often quite appealing, many homeowners are hesitant to purchase one because they aren’t quite sure what it will entail or cost.
What many homeowners fail to realise is that these kits are completely customizable, ensuring that you are able to get the perfect match for your home or property and don’t have to compromise.
The question in the minds of many of you might be why on earth you would need to purchase child friendly office furniture in the first place – after all, aren’t workplaces a child-free zone? There are actually a number of reasons why you might find children mixed in with your work – perhaps you work from home, you work at a childcare facility or you work in a school. In these situations, it is imperative that you have furniture that is both safe and functional.
- Computer desks with locks (and use them!)
You can prevent children from getting their hands on scissors, staplers and other potentially dangerous office supplies by purchasing a desk with drawers that you can lock. It is even possible to find desks that will lock away your computer and tower, ensuring that your valuable files aren’t accidentally compromised.
One of the biggest risks associated with building stairs during the construction or renovation of your home is that they will collapse, causing the people working on or using them to be seriously injured. These injuries could range from minor scrapes, bruises and broken bones to major head injuries and even death. Whilst you should avoid these sorts of collapses at all costs, it can often be helpful to understand what causes them in the first place. This will ensure that you are very aware of what you are doing when building.
Have you noticed that open plan designs that are built primarily with glass office partitions are on the rise in workplaces around Australia? All you have to do is walk into a newly renovated office to see how popular these sorts of designs are becoming across industries. Not only are partitions far cheaper than permanent walls, the use of glass also offers a number of other great benefits that your employees can make use of. If you haven’t considered the use of glass in your workplace before, it is certainly something you should do.
In the list below, we have outlined some of the benefits that you will receive from this decision; there are, of course, many more that we don’t have the time to touch on here:
- More Space
An open plan office design can actually allow you to maximise the number of employees that you can comfortable accommodate. By replacing chunky walls and doors with sleek glass, you will find that you have a lot more room for desks, chairs and storage. This could even mean that you don’t have to move to another workplace.
Are you currently tossing up between cleaning your workplace’s windows yourself and employing a commercial window cleaner? Whilst you might be tempted to undertake the task yourself (to save some money), there are actually a number of benefits associated with getting a professional cleaner in to do the job for you. Not only do they possess the skills and equipment necessary to get the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible, they can help in other ways:
- Promotes health and hygieneIt goes without saying that a clean workplace promotes a healthy work atmosphere. Your employees will be happier and more inclined to do work if their environment is clean. A dirty environment, on the other hand, is a turn-off to potential clients as well as putting the health of your employees at risk. Those with a history of allergies or asthma, for example, may fall ill as a result of dirt exposure. Can you afford to have your employees out sick all of the time?
For many homeowners, making the decision to install blinds in Melbourne often raises more questions than it answers. Some of these answers can be found in the advertising material of your interior designer or supplier, but others are a little more difficult to find. Whilst you should certainly not hesitate to speak with your chosen supplier, we have endeavored to answer as many of the most common questions regarding blinds as possible.
- “How long do blinds in Melbourne last?”Unfortunately, there is no specific time span for how long your window furnishings will last, as many factors will affect this (such as their size, how often they are raised and lowered, and whether they are fitted with a cord or rod). Generally, you can expect yours to last you around 5 years, providing that they are well cared for.
- “What does ‘custom made’ mean?”This means that the blinds are made from scratch to meet the exact measurements and specifications of your window. This ensures a perfect fit (down to the millimetre) and ensures that the furnishing is the ideal accompaniment for your home.
- “Are blinds child and pet safe?”One of the main concerns held by homeowners is whether their chosen window furnishings are safe for use around their children and pets. All products sold within Australia must comply with our laws and we offer a number of options to ensure that your family is kept safe at all times (including motorised and cordless designs).
- “How do I clean my blinds?”The best way to keep your window furnishings looking their best is to regularly clean them. Vacuuming on low suction with a soft brush attachment or dusting them with a clean microfiber cloth once a month is generally all the cleaning that is required.
- “I’m building – at what stage should I seek advice?”When building, you should see an interior designer or blind supplier as soon as possible to ensure that you have allowed adequate space for your chosen window furnishings. This is especially important if you are interested in a motorised option, as your electrician will need to install the cables before plastering can commence.